Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mobile Thing 17 - Connecting to Community

So many interesting apps for this thing.  I started with RochesterNow.  I really like the coupon section, which I am sure I will use.  The next one I looked at was Marquee Rochester because I enjoy listening to music, but this wasn't what I was really looking for.  Could be useful to find places for my band to play, that are not bars.  I used Minnesota 511 this winter when we had all those bad snow storms and found it very helpful (Iowa has one too that I used when we were heading there).  MN Museums (MAM) looked good also...hmmm...there should be one for state parks too.  WOW!  There are a lot of places in Minnesota.  Can chose by category and/or location.  Yes, it is really cool to see all the the state has to offer.  The one unfortunate thing that you can't sort by county.  And the other unfortunate thing (this as nothing to do with the app) is that there is not that many places around where I live.

Can't really see how I would use it professionally because I don't have my phone at the desk when I help people.  About the only thing I could do is mention to people, but I'm sure I would not remember it when someone asks a question.

No comments: