Monday, May 11, 2009

Thing #35 Books 2.0

I don't use any of the personal book organizers since I don't have the internet at home, but I have been using LibraryThing for the Preston Library for about a year now ( http://www.librarything.com/home/prestonlibrary ). I don't think that it is used much and it is rather time consuming, but we plan to keep it up. I did look at quite a few of these, but I like the look of LibraryThing best. I may set up an account with lib.rario.us (http://lib.rario.us/) to list the Library's DVDs.

Don't have a cell phone that does anything special so I couldn't look into that part.

I looked at a few of the Reader's Advisory sites, Online Book Communities and Book Group Resources. Some really neat things! I liked the BookGlutton (http://www.bookglutton.com/) and wish I had internet at home to read some of the books. It is nice to know about these things to let partons and book groups know what is available.

Checked out a few in Book Swaps. Could be useful in finding books. Not sure about BookCrossing...

Not all the links worked. International Children's Digital Library might be nice for someone learning a new language or for someone unable to find books in their language, but I just can't see reading a book to a child from a computer screen.

Why rent a book when you can go to the Library! The college textbooks may be nice though.

I have been doing the visual bookshelf on Facebook for quite awhile, but it isn't real easy to use and I forget to keep it up to date.

I'm not much into Audio Books, but it might be fun to find one in German...

No comments: