Monday, May 11, 2009

Thing #35 Books 2.0 continued

Over the last ten years I have seen a big decline in reading for the chapter book age group. Though just in the last year there have been a few high schoolers that have found that reading is fun. The only thing is, they do not come into the Library and browse the shelves but order everything on the online catalog, getting their ideas from lists on the internet. There are quite a few adults who do this also. My big question is, "how do you get people to come in?" I guess we have become kind of a fast food service. Some of them actually go to book stores, browse the shelves, write down titles and then go home, get on the computer and order them (many we have). Seems like it would be just as easy (or easier) to come into the library. This is a little ranting...it is my pet peeve.

Many of the books 2.0 could enhance a persons reading, but be quite time consuming.

I did look into many of the sites or tools, but not too interested in many for myself.

No comments: