Sunday, March 2, 2008

Stick #7 - 1

Email: We have offered computer classes at the library. Usually it is seniors who attend. We help them set up an email account if they want it, but find that very few continue coming to the library afterwards to keep on their new skills (probably why we have had so many repeat attenders). We use email all the time at the library. Patrons with emails have overdue and hold notices emailed to them along with other problems or information. We email other libraries. Since we are a very small library we do not have the need to email each other.

Email productivity: I like having auto-check on. When I hear the beep I don't rush to check my email unless I am actually waiting for an important reply. I check whenever is convenient or I have a little time. This can be hours some days. I usually don't try to make my messages too wordy. Wordy messages that are received tend to get put aside for "when I have time", which can be days and many times too late.

No comments: